dzongsar-GR.jpg

News

Let's Have Some Fun Now

Published on 24 July 2016

[Note: Operation Following Your Footsteps has completed the goal of accumulating 100 million 7 Line Prayers; however, Operation Skull Garland in Bhutan is still ongoing.]

Dear Friends,
 
Thanks to the effort and devotion of so many people around the world, we have surpassed the goal of accumulating 100,000,000 of Guru Rinpoche's Seven Line Prayer. I don’t think we will continue with this specific campaign. So what is next? Now, I think we can just have some fun. We should go out and celebrate, enjoy ourselves, eat nice food, go for walks, listen to music, watch movies or see some football. Don’t forget to wear a shirt, use a comb, and floss your teeth.
 
由于全球许许多多人的努力与虔诚,我们已完成并甚至超越了持诵一亿遍《莲师七句祈请文》的目标。我认为我们不必继续这项特别的修持。所以接下来呢?我想我们可以做些开心的事。我们应该出去庆祝一下,尽情享受、吃些美食、散散步、听听音乐、看场电影或足球赛。别忘了要穿上衬衫、梳理头发和清洁牙齿。
 
And to all of you who have been reciting the Seven Line Prayer:
 致所有持诵《莲师七句祈请文》者:
 
May all your efforts in reciting the Seven Line Prayer become causes and conditions to enlighten sentient beings.
愿你持诵《七句祈请文》的一切努力成为救度众生之因缘;
 
May you become beautiful, stunning, and pleasing to behold.
愿你变得美丽、令人惊艳、悦人眼目;
 
May your speech cause less confusion, become understandable, and actually communicate.
愿你的话语少致疑惑、通俗易懂、真实达意;
 
May your mind not rush too much to the past and future, but dwell in the present.
愿你的心不奔忙于过去、未来,而能安住此刻;
 
May you remember impermanence, the futility of samsara, the preciousness of dharma, and the indispensability of the guru.
愿你忆念一切无常、轮回无益、佛法珍贵及上师的必要性;
 
May you eat the right food so that you are healthy and cause less suffering to other beings.
愿你食用正确的食物,因而身体健康,并减少其它众生受苦 ;
 
May you have a swell time shopping and not cause further destruction to the world through waste.
愿你购物开心,且不因浪费而进一步破坏世界;
 
May the hundred plans you have planned never succeed.
愿你计划的那上百个计划永不成功;
 
And may the thousand wishes that you dared not wish come true.
并愿那上千个你不敢奢想的愿望终能成真。
 
Once again, dear friends, keep wanting the dharma to flourish and remain. If we wish for harmony, peace and prosperity, Shakyamuni must prevail.
再一次,亲爱的朋友,继续愿求佛法兴盛常驻。如果我们期望和谐、和平与繁荣,释迦牟尼的教法必须广传。
 
---- Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse


 
 

 

(Photo credits: Left side bar - The Guru Rinpoche in the cave of Dzongshod, Rinchen Jamgon Kongrul's seat and where he collected the Rinchen Terdzo. Below text - Rinpoche in Bodhgaya. Both by Pawo Choyning Dorji.)